International Driver’s License Follow-Up

I checked CAA’s website on how to obtain an international driver’s license for Japan, and it’s actually quite simple. Straight from their website, they require:

  1. the applicant must be 18 years of age or older
  2. photocopy (front and back) of a valid Canadian provincial driver’s license
  3. 2 passport type photographs
  4. fee payment of $15.00*
  5. complete and sign the CAA IDP application form (no other form is acceptable)

Luckily for me, a CAA office is down the road from where I work. Now, I just need to get two mugshots of myself along with a photocopy… hopefully it won’t take too long for the ID to come in, as I only have 11 days to go!

Comments (3)

[…] I was, thinking it might take a week or two for the license to come in. As soon as I stepped into the CAA/SAAQ outlet, a kind woman served me […]

HadoudiMay 13th, 2010 at 11:45 am

How long does the license last?

FalloutMay 13th, 2010 at 12:09 pm

The license is valid for exactly one year from the date it was issued. You can renew it as often as you like. No idea if the renewal costs are any less than the initial sign-up fee.

Leave a comment

Your comment